Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sneaky Mr Sniffles

Not too much has been happening in these parts this week, as sneaky Mr Sniffles has been a most unwelcome guest.



My mum and I took the girls to the Australian Museum's Open Day last Sunday. Poor miss B came down with a fever while we were there and while we were fussing over her miss A did a disappearing act - a most anxious five minutes I NEVER want to repeat.


Miss A was very good, apparently telling the staff member at the reception desk her name, my name and what I was wearing! I think I was more of a mess than she was.


I've been learning new sewing techniques to make this flower brooch....




making fabric covered boxes with my girls (they chose the fabric - the green snake skin print wins over miss B every time!)....
and making these delightful little crochet flower squares - the pattern for which can be found here at this most lovely blog.
A girl's just got to craft (in sickness and in health....).

3 comments:

  1. That awful Mr Sniffles has been an unwelcome guest at our place too. I'm loving those flower squares, they look great. A cushion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you've all been sick Fran. It looks like you have been busy too. The crochet looks fantastic as do your Yo yo's. I have to say Miss A must be very clever and calm, I would have been in pieces too. Thankfully we haven't had to deal with that situation yet. Hope your family is all well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow those look great! I was just falling asleep last night when I remembered to make an adjustable ring you don't wrap it around your finger you just make the ring and go! there I was wrapping it around my fingers...hope you got started! do you mind sending me the link to that pretty mermaid! I think keira would just love it...with red hair of course!

    Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, you've just made my day!