Friday, September 11, 2009

Afternoon Tea


It has dawned on my of late that I have barely six months more of this bliss I have been living for the past five years. You see next year my oldest will start Kindergarten and life as I have known it will change forever.

I am keen for her to go to school, I know there is nothing I can do to change it - but it makes me feel a little sad to know I wont have her around all day to do the things we do together. So in an effort to embrace these last six months I have decided to spend less time sewing just for the sake of sewing (I still have clothes that need making and quilts to be finished) and more time being with and enjoying my lovely lovely little sweetpeas....



Today we made mini cupcakes and had a proper afternoon tea together in the backyard.


The simple pleasures!

3 comments:

  1. so so beautiful! What a special day - and those cupcakes are making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cakes look lovely. Sounds like a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh fran you've made me all sad too! I was in the car today telling keira about big school and realised this time next year I'll be getting her ready for big school....I won't be ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    nothing like an afternoon tea!
    Corrie;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, you've just made my day!