Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Weekend crafting and a new book!


I thought that after a full week of school (which she is loving with a capital L) Miss A would be keen on having a quiet week-end at home doing a whole lot of nothing.........

Boy was I wrong!  She came into my bed on Saturday morning (as she has done every morning since she could get herself out of bed) and declared we were going to make flowers.


And make flowers we did.


Lot's and lot's of paper flowers........This is Miss B's collection.


This is Miss A's


Miss A came up with the rose bud design herself, using lot's and lot's of tape to get each one just right.  Well that's the fun part isn't it, using up plenty of tape!  The full blooms I made, using this tutorial.  I just twisted the pipe cleaner around the centre of the paper.  Sooo addictive.


Who knew that pipe cleaners, crepe paper and tissue paper could come together in such a beautiful way.
In case you can't tell I'm alittle bit in love with these paper flowers.  Every time I walk past my new display I feel all happy and skippy :)


Miss A decided taking photo's of our new arrangement on the mantel piece must be the thing to do - well mama's been snapping away.................


And in other news, I've finally got in my hot little hands a copy of the coveted Handmade Home by Amanda Blake Soule


a signed copy no less!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I've come over all kid-craft-inspired after popping by here! We are so making flowers tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, you've just made my day!