Monday, May 31, 2010

One per Month - May


Without revealing too much, here is a sneak peek of the apron I made for the Great Apron Swap.  As mentioned in my last post, I adapted the pattern from Amy Butler's In Stitches, turning the half apron into a full apron. 

I used some cherished and very gorgeous Heather Bailey Nicey Jane (Hello Roses, olive) fabric I purchased awhile back.  When I set to thinking about making an apron, this fabric just seemed to fit exactly the style of apron I wanted to make. 

Beautiful and functional - my kind of sewing!!

I will definately be sharing some more photo's of the apron once it has finished winging it's way over to Sweden and made it safely into the hands of Julie, my dear swap partner :))

Thanks Sarah for hosting this swap! 

2 comments:

  1. ooH Fran...The news feed came through on my dashboard that you had posted, and I no I said I wouldn't but I just couldn't help myself! It's absoultely BEAUTIFUL, devine, I'm in heaven GINGHAM and ROSES too!
    Will let you know as soon as I have it safely.
    Yours is packaged and will be posted tomorrow.
    Please let me know when it arrives safely too ;-D
    Have a great week ahead
    Love Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super gorgeous fabric! I look forward to more pics!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, you've just made my day!